Are you up for this simple yet powerful challenge?! Let’s do this!!
I fail to realize the power of self-care and self-love too many times. In order to give the best of me, I need to be the best me! Mothers are non-stop beings, our schedules are hectic, and our list of things to do is never-ending. So, how do we fit in self-care? It’s quite simple actually, but it requires commitment and dedication. Which is HARD, because we are exhausted by the end of our day, if we even have an “end” to our day! You know, when those kids wake in the middle of the night, or they take forever to fall asleep, or your mind is just simply running 100 miles per hour thinking about tomorrow?!
Ok, let’s get back to fitting in self-care! First, we have to internalize the importance of self-care. Changing our perspective on self-care and realizing its power and potential can definitely drive us to implement it daily. Second, we have to own self-care for what it truly is, not a glamourized version of it. While massages and lavish spa days can be self-care – that is not the ONLY self-care. The little things we do to better ourselves and replenish our well-being – now that’s self-care! Without delay, it is time to dive into our simple yet effective challenge.
Look in the mirror, smile, and compliment yourself about
both your inner and outer beauty!
Write down three things you are thankful for!
[Feeling spicy? Repeat Monday]
Unplug from all social media. Give yourself a mental break!
[Feeling spicy? Repeat Monday and Tuesday]
Binge your favorite series or start a new one!
[Feeling spicy? Repeat Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday]
Dress up – Even if you are not going out! Put on some make-up, take some selfies and some pictures with your kids!
[Feeling spicy? Repeat Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday]
We got this!
I told you this challenge was simple right?! Nothing intimidating over here.
- Complimenting yourself may not be easy for some but the more you do it, the easier it will become and you will add a layer of confidence to your beautiful self!
- Listing what you are thankful for is a reminder of your blessings! How lovely and simple is that?!
- Taking a mental break will allow you to be more present in your own life!
- I love binging a series because I can mentally escape for a while and for a mom that is much needed!
- The power of feeling our best can sometimes mean looking your best! Take those selfies, and get in front the camera with your kids! You know we’re always the ones taking the picture!
I am with you on this Self-Care 5 Day Challenge and it is my hope that this is something we can repeat next week and the week after until this is embedded in our daily routine! [Will you accept this challenge? Comment and let me know!]