“Not to be dramatic, but I did not think I would be planning and cooking everyone’s meals until I die” Ok, maybe a bit dramatic, but did you feel that quote in your soul?! It’s tough being in charge of all the meals all time!
So, to make this task a little easier for you, I have comprised a list of easy weeknight dinners. This list will be categorized by side dishes: pasta, rice, potatoes, and kid favorites. I have found this to be helpful when I am thinking of what to cook next, then I decide on which meat/fish, and veggie.
- When trying to cook a quick meal use white meat, ground meat, or salmon.
- If you can, try to prep all of your ingredients.
- Remember to serve a veggie on the side as well. Alternate between your kids favorites. Try to introduce new ones, and you can always get chopped veggies into sauces, rices, etc.
- Quick ways to cook meats are stove top by grilling, sauteeing, or cast iron pan.
Easy Weeknight Meals
- Spaghetti and meat sauce
- Fettucine alfredo (w/ chicken, shrimp, salmon)
- Baked Ziti
- Garlic butter noodles with grilled chicken
- Chicken sausage and peppers over pasta
- Veggie/Chicken/Shrimp fried rice
- Stuffed peppers
- Rice, red or black beans
- Spanish style rice
- Spinach rice
*(3-4 can be served with fried tenders/ grilled chicken/ bbq chicken / seafood / steak)
- Mashed potatoes
- Roasted potatoes
- French fries
- Smashed potatoes
- Baked baby potatoes
*(all of the above can be served with fried tenders/ grilled chicken/ bbq chicken / seafood / steak)
- Chicken nuggets and fries
- Grilled Cheese
- Breakfast for dinner
- Mac & Cheese
- Chicken soup
I hope you enjoy this list of easy weeknight dinners! When you’re having one of those nights where you don’t know what to cook (like this) – refer to this list for some inspo! Also, for some one-pot meal ideas – click here. If there’s anything you would add comment down below. Until next time – happy cooking!