Whether you’re pregnant, a new mom, or a mom just in need of some reassurance this post is for you!!
There’s an overload of information out there about the do’s and don’ts when you first become a mom and raise children in general. Talk about being overwhelmed when you’re already in such an emotional state!
Thanks to my lovely MomChat mamas, we are here to bring you real advice from real moms.
First, I’d like to start with my advice to all the moms out there:
Listen to your gut and trust your intuition. It will not fail you. If you believe something is wrong it most likely is. If something is working for you and your child continue to do what’s best for you!
Now let’s hear what our mamas had to say!
- No one has it all figured out, do your best and be confident in your choices.
- Take time to yourself! Mom guilt is real but it’s important to also focus on yourself.
- Give yourself grace, You dont have to be perfect all the time. And order takeout.
- Slow down, it goes by way too fast.
- Just breathe and everything will be ok.
- Just sleep any chance you get. There will come a time when you won’t be able to.
- Don’t feel pressure to breastfeed if it doesn’t come naturally or is painful.
- Cherish each moment, the time flies so fast! One minute they’re babies then all grown up!
- Just buy the zip up pajamas! No one knows why they make them with buttons!
- Ask for help with cooking, cleaning, and laundry.
- Don’t forget about yourself!
- When help is offered take it! People love you and want to help!
- Being a first time mom is a bit intimidating. You’re nervous, you don’t know how to take care of this little human..you’re afraid you will do something wrong. But trust me, everything will come naturally. Mother instinct kicks in! Just take a deep breath and enjoy the moment.
- A lot of new mothers feel overwhelmed by the influx of advice given to them, especially by the older generation who feel like they know better and can do better. But it’s a learning process and each new mother needs to be able to filter out the advice she needs/wants. And just learn how to take care and be in sync with their baby. And just saying no when they’re not comfortable with something.
- Record / journal all the important dates, milestones, and achievements so that you never forget them!
- Accept help, take time for yourself, sleep every chance you can, and save little by little.
- Your mental health matters the MOST! Happy mom = happy baby.
- Don’t stress it. What you give is enough. Don’t live by anyone else’s standards.
I hope this advice resonates with you and helps you have a more positive outlook today and in the days to come! Remember all of our journeys are unique but similar in SO many ways too!
(Don’t forget to stay in touch with our community @ MomChat (@momchatcircle) • Instagram photos and videos )